Perry's Second Annual Restaurant Week is Here (11/8 - 11/14)
For the next ten days, the city of Perry is celebrating food and the local restaurants that serve it up. There are thirteen restaurants participating in this year's Restaurant Week, which is hosted by the Perry Chamber of Commerce.
Each restaurant will also have speciality items created just for this event and some will even be hosting events during the next ten days as well. Menus of the speciality items of the competitors should be posted online soon at this link.
The participating restaurants this year are:
- Bodega Brew - Local craft kitchen serving coffee, tea, wine, and fresh cuisine
- Chick-fil-A - Popular nationwide chicken joint and fast food restaurant
- Clover Wine Merchant - Family owned shop offering wine, beer, cheese, gifts, and wine tasting classes
- Firehouse Subs - Nationwide restaurant chain founded by two former firefighter brothers whose sales benefit the Firehouse Subs Public Safety Foundation non-profit
- Georgia Bob's BBQ - Family style restaurant specializing in southern style barbecue
- Hazard's on the Green - Outdoor venue serving small plates and beer
- Houston Lake Country Club - Country club with golf course, dining, and more
- Main St. Bar - An upscale bar (21 and up to enter) serving drinks and offering live music
- Morning by Morning Coffee Company - Coffee shop serving coffee, tea, specialty beverages and baked goods
- The Perfect Pear - Restaurant in a grand old building serving appetizers, sandwiches, salads, entrees and "pear made" desserts
- Schultze's Old Fashioned Soda Shop - Restaurant serving burgers and decadent milk shakes, malts, floats, and sundaes
- Sonny's BBQ - Barbecue restaurant with plenty of side dishes that has been in operation since 1968
- Sunset Slush of Middle Georgia - Dessert shop selling fancy slushies described as "designer ice"
The restaurants will be competing for awards in several categories, including Best Savory Dish, Best Sweet Dish, and Best style. Guests are asked to tag any social media posts about their visits to the restaurants with #PCRW21 to be entered to win a gift card from one of the competing restaurants.
Once you have had a chance to try out the offering of some of the fifteen competitors, you can cast your vote for the winner at this link.