Labor Day Weekend 2022 in Middle Georgia
The first Monday of September is upon us once again which means a much anticipated Labor Day weekend. Here are a few family-friendly events taking place in Middle Georgia this year where you can go to celebrate.
1. Farewell to Summer in Savannah: A Farewell to Summer festival will take place to celebrate Labor Day and the end of summer. This event takes place from Friday, September 2nd through Monday, September 5th at The Kessler Collection’s Plant Riverside District, located on at 400 W. River Street.
There will be live musical performances throughout this event. Accordion player Bob Taylor will perform live in the Riverside Biergarten on Friday, Saturday and Sunday from 5 to 7 p.m.
On Friday, performers include Ron Helman Jazz Trio (6 to 9 p.m.) and Ramona and the Riot (7 to 10 p.m.).
On Saturday, performers include Natalie Goodman (4:30 to 6 p.m.), JD Music Group with Nico Chasty (6 to 9 p.m.), and Tell Scarlet (7 to 10 p.m.).
Finally, on Sunday PaperWork from Myrtle Beach South Carolina will also perform (6 to 9 p.m.).
2. Callaway Resort and Gardens in Pine Mountain: Callaway will have a Labor Day Weekend celebration with fireworks shows nightly and a hot air balloon glow through Sunday.
There will be Birds of Prey shows, Robin Lake Beach will be open for swimming and sunbathing, and there will be plenty of other family-friendly activities taking place throughout the park during the day. At night, the sky will be lighted up by colorful hot air balloons as well as exploding fireworks.
Tickets for the Labor Day weekend celebration at Callaway for all three days are $69.95 for those 12 and older and $59.95 for children 3 to 11. Two day tickets cost $49.95 for attendees 12 and older and $39.95 for children. Finally, one day tickets cost $35.95 for attendees 12 and older, $32.95 for seniors (65 and older), and $26.95 for children 3 to 11.
Callaway Resort and Gardens is located at 17617 U.S. 27 in Pine Mountain.
3. Stone Mountain Park: If you are looking to get away from Middle Georgia this weekend, Stone Mountain Park will have celebrations that will go through Monday evening.
The park will be opens starting at 10 a.m. and there will be Lasershow Spectacular shows starting at 9:30 p.m. followed by a large fireworks show each night. Stone Mountain Park is located at 1000 R.E. Lee Boulevard in Stone Mountain.
4. McDuffie Center Labor Day Festival Concert in Macon: Closer to home, Mercer University's Townsend School of Music will host six talented high school seniors who will perform a free concert from 3 through 5 p.m. on Labor Day. The concert will also feature the Center's faculty and students.
Fickling Hall is located at 1329 Fickling Street and seating is first-come, first serve.
Did we miss an event you want other Middle Georgia Times' readers to know about? Please make sure to let us know in the comment section.
More News from Macon
- World Largest Pickleball Facility is Now Located in Macon The Macon Mall will soon have a brand new amphitheater next to it and 32 pickleball courts inside of it
- Almost a Dozen Christmas Parades Taking Place in Middle Georgia in 2023 Cities across Middle Georgia, from Bollingbroke to Warner Robins, will be having festive Christmas Parades this year